Member Spotlight - Mooncas
Chrissie from Mooncas tells us more about their sector specific conferences, including a brand new one-day showcase of all things tech!
1. Sum up your business in just a couple of sentences?
Mooncas own and organise various large sector specific events across Yorkshire. We currently run Tech Yorkshire, Manufactured Yorkshire and Educated Yorkshire.
2. Can you provide details of your core services, including any client/sector examples?
We don't actually run events for clients - we run them ourselves. Any company interested in getting in front of the sectors in which we operate should call us up for a chat.
3. What excites you about your business and the work that you do?
The people and the challenge of constant innovation.
4. Tell us about a recent project?
We are currently working on Techtrade Yorkshire 2016 (TY16) at the moment, this is the first year it will run and it's on 8th September. It’s a one-day event with exhibition stands and great quality seminars, and will bring together all aspects of Tech to help drive disruption in the region.
TY16 tackles the challenges faced by the Yorkshire tech sector in order to achieve this, the opportunities and where the future lies. We're all really fired up about this one - it's always a massive challenge getting a major event off the ground and we're up for it.
5. What one piece of work are you most proud of?
Manufactured Yorkshire is our flagship event. The event is becoming a firm leader of major manufacturing events in the North, and this is only our 2nd year of running it.
6. Why have you chosen to become a member of Cognitiv?
I chose to become a member because we are a Wakefield based company and one of our focuses is Tech. Dan's a great activist - why would we not be involved?
7. What are the biggest issues faced by your sector/CDIT sector?
We work across multi sectors and the common theme amongst them all is one key issue - MASSIVE SKILLS GAPS.