The Hepworth: Volunteer Opportunity - eCommerce Assistant
Reports to: Retail Manager
Closing date: 30 March 2016
Voted as one of the top 50 galleries in the world, the retail department of The Hepworth Wakefield is seeking a volunteer looking to gain experience in eCommerce.
You'll assist in uploading new product imagery and product details to the website, help in fulfilling orders and support website developments through monitoring and supporting analysis. Your excel skills will be to an intermediate level and you should be able to analyse and present data and information effectively. The ideal candidate will have a high attention to detail and be able to demonstrate good communication.
As eCommerce volunteer you'll have a passion for all things digital and you'll be looking to build your digital career. You'll thrive at the idea of providing support to the busy retail team with the aim of maximising the online trading opportunities at The Hepworth. You'll be the eyes and ears of digital, so keeping up to date with the latest developments in the digital arena is key.
This opportunity will include:
- Uploading new products to the online shop, amending existing product details, assisting with customer enquiries and fulfilling orders.
- Photographing new products and editing using Photoshop.
- Assisting in creating a promotional calendar; create marketing emails and plan social media promotions in line with gallery and brand guidelines, reviewing and sharing results.
- Keeping up to date with industry developments and monitor competitors' eCommerce sites, providing feedback and suggestions to Retail Manager.
- Working with the retail team, to suggest new product ideas for the online shop.
- Providing administrative support.
This opportunity offers you the chance to:
- Develop your retail, eCommerce and digital skills.
- Gain experience in an award winning art gallery/museum environment.
- Gain an understanding of marketing.
What we're looking for in you:
- Excellent ICT skills.
- Excellent written language skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Artistic flair.
- Keen to learn new skills.
- Ability to work independently and report when necessary.
- Interest in the arts.
- Basic knowledge of the gallery's activities.
Ideally, one weekday per week for a minimum of three months, hours typically 10:00 - 16:00; but we can be flexible with timing. This opportunity is likely to be extended after three months.
Travel can be reimbursed up to a limit of £5 per return journey (conditions apply) and there are discounts in our cafes and shops. We can generally offer free car parking.
How to apply:
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this role, please phone Rosie Ripley on 01924 274375.
Interviews are planned for mid-April 2016.