Member Spotlight - Gary Swift Studios
Putting the spotlight on our creative industries we catch up with Gary Swift from Gary Switch Studios to find out about their cartoon illustrations and character designs. We also hear about a fun (Royal) commission for a very special person….
1. Sum up your business in just a couple of sentences?
I create custom cartoon illustration for all media and usages.
2. Can you provide details of your core services, including any client/sector examples?
I have been in the Creative Industry since I was 16 so I have worked on thousands of brands, corporations and book publishers across the world, from Disney to Deutsche Bank.
3. What excites you about your business and the work that you do?
In my working life, every day is different and inquiries come from everywhere. After 25 years I still get excited about Creative projects from great clients.
4. Tell us about a recent project?
I did a project for Prince William, for a baby book for Prince George
5. What one piece of work are you most proud of?
I have done 1000’s of jobs over the years, so I am always proud of the next job...
6. Why have you chosen to become a member of Cognitiv?
I like the idea of being part of an aspiring group of local people, with BIG ideas
7. What are the biggest issues faced by your sector/CDIT sector?
Sadly some Clients do not value you as an important service
8. What are the biggest opportunities for your sector/CDIT sector?
Your market is Global, so the potential is limitless
9. What do you enjoy the most about working in Wakefield?
It’s where I come from and although I rarely work for local clients, I like working in the area where I come from.