Belay - Free Business Mentoring for Local Artists
"The structured mentoring offered as part of the BELAY programme is the perfect thing to help me to take the next step in my career" Sam Hodsgon, Visual Artist
The BELAY Creative Mentoring Programme offers FREE Business Mentoring to artists living or working in Wakefield. The Programme is for artists keen to turn their art into a business, become more commercially-aware or to develop their existing customer base.
Working alongside the Mentoring Programme Manager we have a dedicated Craft Development Mentor and a Digital Development Mentor but the scheme is open to Visual Artists from any artform.
In addition to 121 mentoring, artists will be able to enhance their business skills, develop market knowledge and creative techniques by attending workshops, events and peer group support networks.
The BELAY programme will help you to:
- understand the basic business skills needed to set up your creative business
- create a professional business plan, marketing action plan and sales strategy which will help to achieve your business goals
- understand potential markets and learn to develop a portfolio of products for these markets
- develop professional networks and have access to supportive peer groups
- become more confident in presenting yourself and your business
- be able to navigate social media and access international markets through the use of digital technology
- have the opportunity to rent one of 34 new artists' studios in the Old Drury Lane Library building conversion, as part of The Art House redevelopment
BELAY is a 12 month programme, running from June 2014 to June 2015.The BELAY Programme is funded by The European Regional Development Fund.
Registration: You will need to download and complete the registration form from The Art House website here: http://www.the-arthouse.org.uk/view/artist-opportunities#BELAY
and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would prefer to receive a BELAY Registration Form by post or email, please contact Hannah Mason, Mentoring Programme Manager.
The BELAY Programme is funded by The European Regional Development Fund.